|Location:||Regent's University London|
|Job Type:||Part Time Permanent|
Library Assistant (part-time)
Academic and Educational Developments (Library)
Starting salary range: from £12,304 to £12,804 pro rata (£20,507 to £21,340 per annum - full-time equivalent) dependent on skills, experience and qualifications
Hours: 21 hours per week (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, between 8.15am – 7.00pm)
Contract type: Permanent
Vacancy Reference: RC19/38/AED
The Academic and Educational Developments department incorporates library and information provision, media services and Blackboard VLE, and collectively supports the teaching, learning and research of the academic community at Regent’s University London.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and adaptable individual to assist our current team in providing an efficient library service to staff and students at Regent's University London. Duties include assisting in the day-to-day operations of the library information desk, shelving returned library materials and dealing with general enquiries.
You will have previous experience of working within a library, or an understanding and interest in library services in an academic environment. You will also have customer service experience and will be educated to degree standard or A level. The ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, good communication and customer relation skills are essential.
Regent’s University London is London’s only independent, not-for-profit university, with a highly cosmopolitan community based in royal Regent’s Park and Marylebone. We have just under 4,000 students on campus, representing some 140 different nationalities.
Regent’s offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Business & Management; Fashion & Design; Film, Media & Performance; Liberal Arts & Humanities; Politics & International Relations, and Psychotherapy & Psychology.
We are a small, friendly and supportive University offering great benefits for our staff including:
• 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and additional discretionary closure days over the Christmas period (pro-rata for part time appointments)
• Beautiful campus based in the heart of Regent's Park, a short walk from Baker Street or Great Portland Street stations
• Membership of a group personal pension scheme with a 7% minimum contribution by the University, with up to 10% contribution by the University
• Travel to work loans up to £10,000 covering daily travel costs
• Benenden medical cover - allowing access to medical services where there is delay in receiving NHS treatment
• Employee discount service
• £3 a day allowance to spend in the University’s catering outlets
• Free language classes (free places are subject to availability)
How to apply
Please visit our website www.regents.ac.uk/jobs.aspx to view further details and to apply online. Within your application, please provide a statement stating why you are suitable for the role, making reference to your skills and experience against the Person Specification.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
Closing date: Midday, Wednesday 20th March 2019
Selection Date(s): Wednesday 27th March 2019
Regent’s University London are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Please note, we advise applicants to use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox (Version 34 and below) when completing the online application form.
|Salary:||from £12,304 to £12,804 pro rata per annum|
|Contact Name:||Recruitment Team|
|Telephone:||0207 487 7739|